HEFCE Leadership, Governance and Management Strategic Advisory Board – Rosa Scoble (Brunel)
The Leadership Governance and Management Strategic Advisory Committee provides advice and guidance to the Board on the development and implementation of HEFCE policies in the area of leadership, governance and management.
HESA Data Futures Programme Board – Alison Jones (Bradford)
The role of the Data Futures Programme Board is to provide leadership of the Programme, and to support the Senior Responsible Owner and Programme Director.
HESA Data Landscape Steering Group - Giles Carden (Warwick)
The HE Data Landscape Steering Group provides oversight and leadership to the data landscape.
HESA Data Landscape Advisory Panel – Christine Couper (Greenwich)
HESA Jisc BI project – Giles Carden (Warwick) and Jackie Njoroge (Salford)
Giles and Jackie work as co-designers on this joint project between Jisc and the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) to develop a business intelligence shared service for UK education.
Higher Education Data Insight Group (HEDIG) – Sally Turnbull (UClan)
This is a HESPA initiated group, chaired by exec member Sally. See the HEDIG page for more information.
HE Data Network - Aash Khadia (Bedfordshire)
This network - managed by the Office for Fair access (OFFA) - is primarily aimed at organisations and groups involved in the collection, evaluation and dissemination of Higher Education data. The membership currently includes ADRN, BEIS, DfE, HEAT, HEFCE, HESA, HESPA, OFFA and UCAS. Group objectives include:
- Knowledge sharing
- Collaboration: strengthen existing links and establish new ones in order to achieve common goals
- Raise awareness about and profile of the work each organisation/group does
- Professional development: Networking with colleagues in the same profession but working in different organisations and different setups
- Peer review of ideas, methods and outputs
- To provide a platform for an open discussion on external factors that affect the way we collect, maintain and disseminate HE data in light of current and changing user needs.
Jisc Stakeholder Forum – Giles Carden (Warwick)and Jackie Njoroge (Salford)
Established to enable Jisc’s key stakeholders to engage with the organisation and its board.
UCAS Qualifications Advisory Group - Olivia Kew-Fickus (Birmingham)
This group oversees the implementation of the new UCAS tariff as well as considering which qualifications will attract a formal tariff and how to set those.
UCAS Data Advisory Group - Helen Fawcett (Durham)
This group advises UCAS on the sector response to developments UCAS is proposing.