Lead: John Pritchard, Director of Strategic Planning, Durham University
This group aims to provide a forum to share insights into the development and implementation of institutional level strategy.
The main objective is to share ideas about good practice in institutional strategy development and implementation, particularly in relation to the role of senior strategic planners. Additionally, the network will consider key areas of thematic interest with reference to institutional strategy and development. The network will promote an awareness of relevant evidence, models and research literature which will complement the main practitioner based focus.
The group is still developing, but it is envisaged that the following themes will be explored.
- Strategic thinking: styles, approaches and models
- The changing dynamics of the external environment: emerging trends and disruptive scenarios
- The organizational processes by which institutional strategy is developed and implemented, including political and cultural dimensions
- Enabling institutional sustainability, including strategic resource allocation and new business models
- Integrating and embedding strategy with annual planning and engaging leadership teams across the institution
The group will be of particular interest to senior members of strategic planning departments i.e. Directors and Deputy Directors. It is expected that the group will predominately comprise staff who are working at a strategic level alongside and in support of senior management teams.
You can find any relevant resources below: